BRYN MAWR, PA – April 13, 2020 − State Senator Daylin Leach (D-Montgomery/Delaware), Aardvark Mobile Tours, Dietz & Watson, Philly Pretzel Factory, Herr’s Snacks, Bimbo Bakeries USA and Ardmore Toyota have teamed up to provide free meals to hospital staff, first responders and others on the front line of Pennsylvania’s fight to slow the spread of COVID-19, or the coronavirus. *This event was originally scheduled to take place today but has been postponed until tomorrow, Tuesday, April 14, due to inclement weather.
“It’s truly inspiring to work with so many local companies and small businesses eager to step up and give back to the healthcare workers and emergency personnel fighting coronavirus on Pennsylvania’s front line,” Leach said. “When Aardvark reached out to our office last week with this generous and thoughtful idea, I just wanted to help organize and promote it in any way I could. This is a great example of neighbors coming together, simply with whatever resources they have, to try and help fellow Pennsylvanians during this unprecedented pandemic.”
“We very much look forward to doing what we can to help all of those that are helping us,” Aardvark Mobile Tours Founder and CEO Larry Borden said. “So when my business was effectively shut down, my team and I wanted to do something and that’s how we came up with the #PhillyStrong idea, to feed as many first responders as possible. I reached out to Senator Leach, my local Senator, and I started reaching out to my friends at the other companies involved, when I asked them about the idea not one person said no. We have access to food trucks, we have the resources and all we want to do is help.”
- Healthcare professionals, police, fire and other first responders and employees of the Township Public Works Department are invited to drop by the food trucks to grab a free meal or snack. Outside pick-up will be available for seven hours.
- There will be two food trucks on site. One truck will serve hotdogs, potato chips, pretzels and various desserts; the other truck will serve sodas and bottled water.
- Aardvark Mobile Tours, Dietz & Watson, Philly Pretzel Factory, Herr’s Snacks, Bimbo Bakeries USA and Ardmore Toyota have generously offered all food, supplies and use of equipment free of charge.
- Aardvark employees are Safe Serve certified and have been trained in how to effectively protect the public from spreading the virus while serving food. There will be cones and signs reminding people to practice safe social distancing and people will be asked to stand 10 feet from the next person in line.
WHEN (stop one):
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
12:00pm to 7:00pm
Bryn Mawr Hospital
130 S Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
WHEN (stop two):
Thursday, April 16, 2020
12:00pm to 7:00p
Einstein Medical Center
559 West Germantown Pike
East Norriton, PA 19403
- Members of the media are invited.
Aardvark Mobile Tours is an experiential marketing company serving some of the world’s biggest brands and their agencies.
Senator Daylin Leach represents the 17th Senatorial District, which includes parts of Montgomery County and Delaware County. For more information visit www.senatorleach.com/newsroom.