A Note from Daylin
Please see the latest grant announcements for which you may be eligible. If there’s anything my office can do to support your grant application, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Pennsylvania Fresh Food Financing Initiative Covid Relief Fund
The FFFI provides one-time grants to eligible food retailers in order to increase access to healthy, affordable grocery food options and to improve economic opportunities for underserved communities in urban, rural and suburban areas across the state. The state is introducing a new and complementary program to the PA FFFI for retailers that have been impacted by COVID-19. The goal of the FFFI COVID-19 Relief Fund is to provide grant support to food retailing businesses impacted by COVID-19 to ensure that amidst the pandemic, communities can maintain healthy food access. In recognition of the disproportionate impacts of both COVID-19 and food apartheid on communities made up of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), and especially Black and African American communities, prioritization will be given to those businesses that are owned by and serve low-income BIPOC communities.
Applicants may be for-profit, nonprofit, or cooperative entities (such as grocery stores, corner stores, convenience stores, neighborhood stores, bodegas, food hubs, mobile markets, co-ops, farmers markets, on-farm markets, and urban farms, community gardens and food aggregation and processing centers with a direct connection to direct-to-consumer retail outlets)
Application Deadline: August 14, 2020
Learn More and Apply
COVID-19 Crisis Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grants Available
The Office of the State Fire Commissioner will be offering funding via the COVID-19 Crisis Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program (Act 26 of 2020). This grant program establishes a one-time grant to be used by eligible Fire, Rescue and EMS companies to provide services during the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic as identified in the proclamation of disaster emergency issued by the Governor on March 6, 2020. These funds are to be used to supplement operational expenses incurred by the lack of opportunities for fundraising and inability to create revenue due to compliance with measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A total of $50 million will be distributed by the The COVID-19 Crisis FCEMS Grant Program from funds received by the Commonwealth under the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
- $44 million to eligible fire and rescue companies; and
- $6 million to eligible EMS companies.
This Program grant funding will be calculated for individual awards in the following manner:
Fire/Rescue/EMS Companies that received a grant award from the 2019-2020 FCEMSGP and register for the COVID-19 Crisis grant program will receive an initial award equal to the amount they received from the 2019-2020 FCEMSGP.
The surplus funding in the Program will be distributed to each eligible company that meets the funding criteria that submits a completed registration, including those that did not receive a 2019-2020 FCEMSGP grant award.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Learn More and Apply
Round # 2 of Delco Strong Grants Available to Assist Local Businesses and Non-Profits
Recognizing the critical need to provide additional support to Delaware County’s local business community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Delaware County launched the Delco Strong program in April. Eligible applicants were able to apply for up to $7,500. Grant proceeds could be used for rent, mortgage, utilities, and inventory.
Council’s vote authorizes up to $14 million in additional Delco Strong grants to be distributed to eligible small businesses and non-profit organizations. Business owners and non-profit organizations can apply online beginning on July 7. Businesses are eligible for up to $20,000. Non-profits are eligible for up to $50,000.
For-Profit Business Grants:
All for-profit businesses headquartered in Delaware County, with annual revenue of less than $9 million, and incurring economic loss due to COVID-19 are eligible to apply.
- Applications for grants from for-profit businesses will be accepted from Tuesday, July 7 through Thursday, July 9 at 5:00p.m.
- Businesses with annual revenue of up to $4.5 million are eligible for up to $10,000. Businesses with annual revenue of up to $9 million are eligible for up to $20,000.
- Applications can be submitted through the Delco Strong website or can be dropped off in person to the Delaware County Commerce Center. (100 W 6th St # 100, Media, PA.)
- Applicants should visit the website for detailed program eligibility requirements and specific instructions regarding the application process, including hours of operation, deadlines, and information providing technical assistance for online applications.
- Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Non-Profit Organization Grants:
- Applications for grants from non-profit organizations will be accepted from Tuesday, July 7 through Tuesday, July 21 at 5:00p.m.
- Applications can be submitted through The Foundation for Delaware County’s website. Details about the application process will be available on the website on July 2.
- All non-profit grant applications must be submitted online. Mailed and hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
- New applicants are advised to visit The Foundation for Delaware County’s website prior to the start of the grant application period to set up their online account and learn more about their grant portal tool.
Please note: this is a not a first come first serve program. Priority preference for funding is explained on the Delco Strong website.
More details here:
The Foundation for Delaware County:https://delcofoundation.org/
MontcoStrong Small Business Grant Program
Recognizing the need to provide support to strengthen our local businesses and communities, the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners is making available $10,000,000 in economic development funds to provide grants to eligible small businesses for Round 3 of the MontcoStrong Small Business Grant Program. Round 3 grant awards will once again be administered by the Redevelopment Authority of Montgomery County in partnership with the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners and the Montgomery County Commerce Department. Eligible applicants for Round 3 may apply for a grant to cover the following costs:
- Accounts payable, including utilities, vendors, suppliers, and working capital expenses paid or to be paid between June 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2020.
- Rent/mortgage payments paid or to be paid between June 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2020.
- Debt service payments on loans, equipment leases, and credit cards (may not exceed more than 25% of total grant award) paid or to be paid between June 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2020.
- Grant recipients are encouraged to use grant funds to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) and other items that will help them in addressing their needs to operate safely and responsibly due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Learn More and Apply
COVID-19 Updates and Resources