- 17th District
- Issues & Resources
All around us are heroes. They are your family members, friends and co-workers. Senator Leach invites you to honor the extraordinary deeds of ordinary citizens by nominating someone you know as an Unsung Hero of the 17th District. Every month we will feature a nominee on our website. Nominate an a local hero here who’s making positive changes in your world.
Meridith McKee & Her 1st Grade Reading Class
BA few weeks ago, we got several impassioned letters from an unlikely group of very concerned constituents. They were worried about the impact of climate change on the polar bears and the disappearing bees. They wanted me to know they were in danger and wanted my help to save them.
Brian is someone dedicated to his community and serves sacrificially without need for recognition. His life has its challenges making ends meet, while working multiple jobs to support his family he tirelessly stays committed to helping those less fortunate.
Matt has continually supported his community by way of volunteering for many organizations such as Big Brother/Big Sisters and is founder of Feel The Warmth organization.
LeRoy James Watters
Jim works for the good of everyone. He cares about storm drains, teaches kids about the trash in them, what that trash does to the wildlife, recycling, bullying.
Lt. Col. Ken Marx
How this all started was Lt. Col. Ken Marx, a local resident, serving in Afghanistan, told us that one of the stresses of combat tours is to see so many poor and needy and to have nothing to offer them.
Last updated: June 11, 2014 at 16:38 pm
- #58 (no title)
- Senator Leach’s Event Calendar
- An Evening for Freedom: A Navy Blue Ribbon Gala for Anti-Human Trafficking Benefiting Dawn’s Place
- What’s Happening around the District
- 2013 Librarians of the Year
- Photo ID Clinic
- Kids Fair
- 5th Annual Dog Park Day
- Senator Daylin Leach Hosts “Hooters Music Appreciation Day”
- Human Trafficking Film & Panel Discussion
- Free Screening of GMO OMG: Is this the End of Real Food?
- 2014 Librarians of the Year
- 6th Annual Dog Park Day
- 5K Run/Walk for Local Veterans
- SB 1182 Medical Cannabis Press Conference
- Problems and Promises: Important Conversations about Environmental Issues
- Free Screening of Into the Gyre: A Documentary about Plastic Pollution in Our Oceans
- Photo Gallery
- 17th District
- Constituent Services
- Tours of the Capitol
- Senate Citations
- Unsung Heroes
- Student Aid
- Applications & Forms
- Toll Free Numbers
- Useful Links
- About Daylin
- Latest News
- Thank you!
- Donation Center
- Local Nonprofit for Child Abuse Victims Needs Donations
- Voter ID Quiz
- Congratulations, you’re prepared to vote on November 6!
- Do you have any of the following types of federally-issued photo identification?
- Do you have a valid, not expired, photo ID card which has your photo, full name, and an expiration date which has been issued by one of the following institutions?
- You may need a new photo ID in order to vote on November 6.
- Protecting the right of all Pennsylvanians to vote — DONE!!!
- Community Art Gallery
- The Pennsylvania Report April 2013:: Legislative Issues
- SEPTA Now Accepting Submissions for the Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Service Plan
- Understanding The Affordable Care Act
- Pay It Forward, Pay It Back Pennsylvania
- Intern in Senator Leach’s Office
- Affordable Care Act
- Faces of Medical Cannabis
- Communications with Governor
- Responses from the Governor
- News Articles about Medical Cannabis
- Senate Bill 1182
- SB 1182 Testimony
- Medical Cannabis Videos
- Ryan B.
- Straight Talk: “How Can Human Sex Trafficking Affect You & Your Children?”
- SB1182 Test
- Attention Montgomery County Veterans
- Back on Track Program Seeks Volunteers in Montgomery County
- Issues & Resources