- 17th District
- Issues & Resources
What’s Happening around the District
Kids’ Fair Rescheduled
My 5th Annual Kids’ Fair was rescheduled due to inclement weather, and it will now be held Thursday, August 29th at 5:30 p.m. at the Elmwood Park Zoo.
If you have already RSVP’ed and can still attend the event on its new date, you do not need to do anything. However, if you cannot attend on the 29th, please call my King of Prussia office for assistance.
If you have any questions, contact my office by calling (610) 768-4200 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lend a Hand!
My office is participating in a clothing drive sponsored by Feel the Warmth. From August 5th to September 6th, we will be collecting school clothing and supplies for children in need.
Requested items include:
• Uniforms – Navy or white golf shirts or button downs; Navy or tan pants or jumpers
• Dry erase markers
• Construction paper
• Marble notebooks
• White lined paper
Check the organization’s website for a full list of requested items. You can drop off donations at my King of Prussia Office, located at 601 S. Henderson Rd., Suite 208.
Job Fair in Norristown
CADCOM and The Fatherhood Initiative are holding a job fair on August 28th at the Norristown Public Library, located at 1001 Powell St. in Norristown.
The job fair will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will feature employers such as:
Chick-fil-A, SEPTA, The Pennsylvania National Guard, J.P. Mascaro & Sons, and Einstein Health Care Network.
Local men who are looking for employment are invited to attend. Business attire requested.
Calling All Interns!
My King of Prussia office is now accepting interns for the Fall 2013 semester. If you are enrolled in school – or plan to be – I encourage you to apply. Internships are fun and rewarding, especially when you’re working with people who care about the work they do each day.
• You must be currently enrolled as a college/university student.
• You must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
• Majors in Government, Political Science, Public Policy or a related area of study are preferred.
Other important information:
• Internships are unpaid and for course credit only.
• During the course of the internship, interns may complete one or more of the following: one large legislative research project, plan and attend at least one constituent outreach event and help coordinate one press conference.
• Interns will be expected to answer phones, perform clerical tasks and interact with constituents on a regular basis.
• During the course of the program, interns will have the opportunity to travel to Harrisburg with staff and/or Senator Leach.
If you meet these requirements, I hope you will consider joining our team. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.